Friday, June 22, 2007

NHL Draft - No Mo Drama?

So I was watching the NHL draft a bit today.. I got home late so I only caught picks 24 onward, but I had been following online during my day.

One thing I got to wondering is - will there be any more spectacular busts as far as high draft picks? It seems those kids are scrutinized to an incredible degree, and how will we ever get a high draft pick who implodes as spectacularly as, say, the oft-mentioned Alexandre Daigle? It seems the kids in the draft now are coached even with regards to their media and career, so they all turn out the same when being interviewed or in their promo videos.

Does anyone else feel weird when watching those promo videos of the 23rd shaggy haired, slightly goofy looking potential first rounder talk about his junior coaching staff? They could pretty much play the same tape for all of em!

Wake me up when NHL Free Agency hits! Woooo!

No comments: