Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blog-checked already!

Zanstrom over at the excellent Waiting for Stanley hockey-themed blog gave me a link today, and I'm properly chuffed over it. I've had a great time on there with the articles and adding the occasional comment that I hope contributes something to the discussion.

An interesting thing, I used to be quite active on various forums in the sports sections, but invariably the forums devolve into ridiculous name-calling and childishness. So far none of that on any of the sports themes blogs I have been regularly reading, including Waiting for Stanley, 100% Injury Rate and Full Court NBA. Perhaps it is because the blogs are more closely moderated, so any moronic comments can be swiftly purged from the system. Perhaps having a blogger/google account linked to it helps reduce the "anonymity factor". Or perhaps the hordes of jackasses just haven't discovered the sports blogs yet.

We can hope they never do..

2 comments:

Sean Zandberg said...

It's quick and easy to delete spam on blogger, but generally, hockey blogs are all about conversation and perhaps the idiots just have more fun spamming the boards!

fullcourt said...

Greetings James.