Thursday, May 31, 2007

Music: Listening Habits of the week

In the first of what will hopefully be an ongoing series of posts expounding on my musical discoveries of the week, I thought I would get it going with what has been rockin' my car stereo for the past week straight.

The band is Bang Camaro, and as far as I can tell it is nearly perfect music for summer drivin', drinkin some beers with buddies (not whilst drivin', of course), or doing pretty much anything where you want to have a grin on while you're doin it. The concept is fairly straightforward: three guitars, a bass, a drummer and a chorus of about 20 or so dudes belting out lyrics. Makes for the ideal sing-a-long! The music reminds me a lot of some of the excellent hard rock/metal from the 80s, and they chuck out all the boring bits like long versus and go right for the meaty hooks and solos. Stuff like this makes me want to plug in a guitar and crank the amp, and then promptly realize I'm too lazy to actually learn guitar. So I crank this instead!

Link to the iTunes store is here. I looked around locally and ended up just going with iTunes and I don't regret it one bit. Buy it, burn to a CD you can play in your car and you will not be disappointed.

No comments: